How We Helped The Sebel Kiama Harbourside Hotel
- Five work stations and two mobile tablets located in the restaurants, bar, and lounge run on one Givex vhub
- The resort no longer pays for costly upgrades since Givex upgrades are available at no extra cost
- Givex digital gift cards replaced paper gift certificates, allowing the resort to track transactions
- Mobile tablets have improved the quality of service by increasing the speed and accuracy of the orders
• The restaurants, lounge, and bar used a traditional point of sale system that was mandated by Accor Australia. The POS used antiquated technology, which made it unreliable and prone to failures.
• The POS was ill-equipped to manage standard work processes in the bar and restaurant due to the lack of functionality.
• The system was not intuitive, so it impeded productivity and made it difficult to train new employees.
• With the previous POS, managers were not able to work remotely, and had to manage all administrative tasks on site.
• The Sebel incurred additional costs after numerous attempts to upgrade the system. When the current provider failed to offer any support to correct the issues, managers at the Sebel decided to cut losses and search for another provider.